- Knowledge enhances, and it can be shared.
- But pure awe and appreciation triumphs over all. It cannot be shared. Perhaps the vibration can be partially shared by touch, music, and silence.
- And the vast majority of people never get either. They seek only Maslows, and stimulation.
- The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
- Bertrand Russell, Distilled Wisdom
It’s also tremendously useful
I'm not sure if this even has to be said, but our ability to gather knowledge, flawed as it is, has allowed us to create increasingly sophisticated tools, which have allowed us to see further and further into the universe, and improve our standard of living tremendously.